Center for Educational Research
3141 Chestnut Street, Bossone 512
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Gateway Engineering Education Coalition
FACULTY DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVES
The core goals of the Faculty Development area are the creation of a culture for change at Gateway institutions in which faculty members work with colleagues within schools or across the coalition to continually improve their educational methods and their students' learning. We encourage the creation of a community of learners, involving faculty and students including inter-departmental and inter-school collaborations. Approaches that may help achieve the core goals include use of classroom assessment techniques, changes to reward structure for faculty, and testing new teaching techniques.
There are 6 projects in this section.
1. College Teaching in Engineering Syllabus Description:The current emphasis at Ohio State is on Faculty Development because permanent change in the college programs will only occur as the faculty
2. 'Gateway Works' CD: The People and Products Description:This CD-ROM is a collection of materials and ideas that were generated during a three day conference at which 50 faculty from eight colleges
3. Helping New Faculty Succeed Description:This presentation was given at Ohio State University's conference on freshman engineering. Bruce Litchfield from the University of Illinois
4. Presentation Skills for Faculty Description:One of the best ways to improve student learning is to improve the quality
of our presentation of material to students. While knowing how t
5. Teaching Tips Description:This is a set of eleven modules that provide excellent tips on subjects ranging from understanding student cognitive development and learnin
6. ABET-I Description:Part of a set of modules on “Teaching Tips” this module is part one of two parts about ABET. It provides some background about ABET and the